Right now, around the world, museums are clamoring for patrons by hosting some of the most obscure, unusual and provocative exhibits. Here is my round-up of the best related to science, on view right now.
1) Health for Sale at Philadelphia Museum of Art
A great collection of medical posters as art.
2) Sexual Nature at the Natural History Museum, London
Explores sexual behavior and the results for natural selection.
3) High Society at the Wellcome Collection, London
This provocative exhibit on the history and science of recreational drugs, has now ended. But the Wellcome Collection never disappoints. Dirty your mind while checking out the current Dirt exhibit, for example.
4) Steampunk: Form and Function, in Waltham, MA
Waltham will host the Steampunk City this year, and the Charles River Museum of Industry is hosting this exhibit to whet our appetites. Steampunk is becoming more and more mainstream, and involves the clash of Victorian design with modern technology.
5) Microbes: Invisible Invaders…Amazing Allies in Chico, CA
Explore the micro-organisms that help make our bodies a fine-tuned machine.
6) Race: are we so different? At the Museum of Science in Boston
Explore the science of racial similarities and differences.